Well, Golden Demon has now been and gone, the dust has settled, and I have another year to prepare my entry. Once again the level of competition was fantastically high, and it was very enjoyable looking around the cabinets at this year's entries. I already have next year's entry planned which I'll mention before long, but I might take a short rest first!
Well, Games Day is only two days away, and the cultist is finally ready. I'm rather pleased with how he's turned out, in particular with the sculpting and the dagger, and there are also some that I think could be improved. Probably the hardest part of the model was sculpting the face, since I had a lot of trouble with the mouth and tongue; indeed if I remember correctly, the tongue had to be sculpted three times, and glued back in place several more...
The penultimate week! Next week is Golden Demon, so it's good that the model's really starting to near completion. Since last week I've painted all of the metal areas, the pustules and the random horn protruding from cultist's head. He's now pretty much finished, all that's left to do now is to paint the eyes and the mouth, and then he's finally done (except for the base)!
Golden Demon is now drawing near, so I haven't got much time left to finish the model. I've been pressing on and now have the lower half of the model nearly done - I've finished all of the brown, and I've made a start on the black. That leaves the metal to do still, as well as the details such as the eyes, horn and pustules.
Progress continues on the cultist at a steady rate, I've now very nearly finished all of the skin. I've also basecoated the trousers, which are up for painting next, in a deep brown colour. Probably the trickiest part so far was the blending on the tentacle to get the fade from skin tones to a sickly green.
Since last week I haven't had as much time for painting as I'd have liked, but I've still managed to get a bit done on the cultist. I've nearly finished his back and right arm, and I'll be painting his chest later today. I'm saving the painting of the pustules until last, so that I can make sure they all look the same. At the moment I'm planning on painting them a sickly green with yellow spots. Unfortunately the pictures aren't perfect, I'll try to get some better ones soon though.