I'm afraid there's not really that much to show this week, since I've been rather busy with researching and writing more on my book. However I have made a little progress on Cardinal Richelieu, and I'm now halfway through painting all of the red areas on him (of course, being a cardinal, that's most of him). While I doubt I'll get him done by the time the BBC Musketeers series is over, I'm now a bit further towards getting him done soon.
With the BBC Musketeers series now running, I decided to return work on one of the models I ordered from Warlord Games, Cardinal Richelieu. I started painting him a while ago but never got very far on him, nor did I post any pictures of him on here. Now I've started to repaint the red areas I'm a bit happier with how he looks, and hopefully he'll be finished before the new series is!
This week I've been working on the Roman models that I got a while ago and making progress on the command company. In particular I've painted the red on three of the four members, and I've started the armour of the centurion (shown below). I've also added Thranduil to the gallery here, however after looking at the model for a while I'm not quite happy with the face, so I might return and touch that area up.
I'm happy to say that I've now finished painting the Roman general from Warlord Games. The model was very enjoyable to paint, most of which was done using the film Gladiator as a reference, and looks rather good now it's done. I'll be adding him to the gallery in a short while, I just need to take a few more photos of him.
I've been doing some more painting on the Roman general, who's now very nearly done. I've now painted the cloak and fur trim, and I've done the face a few times now. That means that I've only got to finish the hair, sword and dog and then the model's finished (remarkably quickly considering my normal speed of painting!).
Now I've finished working on the command tray, I've been painting the general, who's pretty recognisable as General Maximus from Gladiator. I've now finished most of the cloth areas and I'm halfway through the armour, although I've still got to go back and repaint his cloak since it was a bit too purple. I've also put him on a new type of plinth that I've had lying around for a while, I really like this one and I'll certainly be using it again!
I've been doing some more work on basing the command tray and general, as you can see below. I ended up using a snowy theme on these models, something I haven't done in ages, and I'm remarkably pleased with how they've turned out. The snow itself is made out of PVA and bicarbonate of soda, it makes a really realistic snow and is quite simple to apply.
The Romans I'd ordered last week have arrived, and I've been making progress on them in between working on my Golden Demon entry (which at the time of writing is in fact finished). The first model I started working on is the general below, since he's going to be the centrepiece model, and since he's similar enough to the general from Gladiator, I'll be painting him in the same colour scheme.
My name is Chris Nelson, I'm a hobbyist. I started around eight years ago with Lord of the Rings as my first system, however I prefer painting to gaming.
Check out Nelson Miniatures' Facebook page, give it a like, and keep updated about new posts and more!
Blogs I like