I haven't done much on the legionary over the past few weeks but I've been able to basecoat the armour, so that I can get a better idea of how he should look when he's done. I should be returning to him before too long, since I need to take a bit of a break from working on Churchill and I'll have some spare time once Golden Demon's passed later this month.
I've got some more pictures of the Roman legionary, who I've done a bit of work on recently. I wasn't particularly happy with how the red had turned out so I started it again, I've now finished his neck cloth and basecoated the other areas again. The face has also been basecoated, since I wanted to see how it would look with the red areas, and overall I'm pleased with how it's coming along so far!
As I mentioned in my last post, I got a Legionary model while I was away, and it's one of the largest models I've worked on for a long time. I've also got a gladiator and a hoplite waiting, but I decided to start with this one since it's my favourite. The model is around the same height as a dreadknight, and I've had to use a larger plinth than usual to put him on.
My name is Chris Nelson, I'm a hobbyist. I started around eight years ago with Lord of the Rings as my first system, however I prefer painting to gaming.
Check out Nelson Miniatures' Facebook page, give it a like, and keep updated about new posts and more!
Blogs I like