I've just finished Gloin, the second dwarf I've painted from Thorin's company. I'm pleased with how he's turned out, since I struggled for a while to get the right colour on his clothing. The beard was also difficult since it's an unusual colour to paint, but I think it looks alright now. As usual, I've added the pictures to the gallery.
Yesterday I went to Warhammer World to hand over my models for display. Although our team didn't make it past the Regional Heats, apparently they were good enough that I was asked to display them anyway, which is great! They're there for two months, during which time 6000 people will see them, which makes all the effort painting them more than worth it.
Sorry about the delay, it's been a busy week and I haven't been able to use the camera. However, now I've got some pictures of Gloin, he's nearly done now. The cloth and the metal areas are finished, which means that I've only got the skin, beard and base left to do. I've also begun painting Elrond, since I'm planning on painting an High Elf army.
The most important thing since my last post is that I've finished my first game with the someone I was teaching... they won ;)! I started off going slightly easy on them since it was their first game, but they very quickly mastered the basic rules and I found myself with too few troops to prevent them from winning with ease... But it was a pleasure playing the game with them and they impressed me a lot :).
Back onto models... Now that Thorin's finished, I've started painting Gloin. So far I'm only part way through the red leather armour, and a few areas of cloth have also been basecoated. It took a few attempts to get the red right, but I'm happy with how it's turned out this time. I'm hoping to finish off Gloin quite quickly so I can move onto the next dwarf.
Here's a picture of Thorin now I've altered him, think the results look better so I'm rather pleased with him now. I've also been working a bit more on the HMS Dauntless, but the problem of how to finish the masts is still unanswered... I've also made a small mistake in the size of the poop deck, but it still looks alright so work shall press on!
I've made a bit of progress on the Commodore this week, I painted some more on the back of his coat. I managed to paint an area which I couldn't get to look right before, so I'm rather pleased about that. I've also started making a small model of the HMS Dauntless, which I'm also enjoying.
My name is Chris Nelson, I'm a hobbyist. I started around eight years ago with Lord of the Rings as my first system, however I prefer painting to gaming.
Check out Nelson Miniatures' Facebook page, give it a like, and keep updated about new posts and more!
Blogs I like